Forums » Near-Death Experiences

The Near-Death Experience of Nancy Rynes

• 955 posts
    May 15, 2015 2:37 PM MDT

The Near-Death Experience of Nancy Rynes

Nancy writes:

(This is a re-post from my public blog, The Spirit Way. Go to the original post here. This is a very small sample of what will be included in my book "Awakenings from the Light")

While my time on the Other Side (aka, "Heaven") was brief in human terms, when I was there it felt as if weeks or months were passing. I observed an amazing amount in, at most, just a couple of human hours. The first wonderful thing that I experienced was the beauty of Heaven, both visually and in a feeling-sense.

When I was there, a landscape of gently rolling hills surrounded me. Flower-filled grassy meadows spread out on the hills around me and huge deciduous trees in full leaf, trees larger and more grand than any here on Earth, surrounded the meadows. A barest sense of a light mist, as if it were a humid summer morning, clung to the tops of the trees. The sky shown a very light blue, similar to what you might see at the ocean’s shore, with wispy clouds and a very bright but somewhat diffuse golden light. 

That was the visual. But there is more to Heaven than what we can see with our eyes. Below the surface visuals was a well of feeling fueled by love, peace, and an abiding Presence that I will call Spirit or God.

Through the landscape around me I sensed a profound feeling of peace, “rightness,” goodness, and love. The Beauty I felt really does deserve a capital “B.” It wasn’t just pleasing to the eye, there was something deeper to it, more harmonious, more blessed, more powerful. Everything felt tied together by love and peace, and the beauty of the scenes around me were the product of this unconditional love. 

While the beauty of Heaven took my breath away, the sense love completely ensnared me and made me want to stay there forever. I felt a deep sense of that love flowing through all things around me: the air, the ground below my feet, the trees, the clouds, and me. I felt the love flowing around me, flowing through me, and eventually capturing me by the heart. I felt supported by a loving Presence so powerful, yet so gentle, that I cried again. I had never experienced such unconditional love and acceptance in all of my years on the planet.

It felt as though this place were built from love and peace on a very grand, cosmic scale.

What I realized (and was later told by my Guide) was that love formed the structure or underpinnings of Heaven. Each soul might see the "landscape" differently, but all sensed and "saw" the love that formed the basis for everything in the same way. That love and peace seemed to shimmer as glimmers of light beneath the surface -- winking in and out of visual sight. It had colors and sparkle and texture. It seemed to take the form of what I saw (trees, a meadow, etc.) but at the same time it was also separate from the forms themselves.

The closest I can come to explaining what Heaven "looked" like to my feeling-senses is to point you to the work of artist Ken Elliott. His paintings come closest to capturing what I felt underlying the landscape Over There. I'll share two pieces with you here with his permission, but please check out his website (www.KenElliott.com) for more examples. "Soft Blue Progression," comes closest to showing you what the visuals looked like for me as well. "Yellow Wall," as well as Ken's other paintings, gives a sense of the energy or vibration of LOVE and PEACE that build everything There.

Links:

• Nancy's profile page on this network
    • Nancy's Website
    • Nancy's Blog
    Awakenings from the Light (book)
    Nancy's Facebook Page

Excerpt:

Question: What was the most unexpected thing you learned about yourself when you were on the other side?

Answer: That I am worthy of my own love... Before my NDE I really didn't like myself very much. At some points in my life, I really kind of hated myself. I didn't have much self love. I was an atheist so I didn't really believe in my own divine center inside of me, that connection The Divine Presence. So I think that whole chunk where I learned what I truly was in connection with The Divine Presence, that I was worthy of my own love, was the biggest shocker to me. Really, I'm a part of this? I'm not separate from this? This isn't another entity out there. I'm connected to this spiritual source? That's beautiful. And that's part of me. That was amazing to me.

(27:41 - 28:59)

Other Comments from Nancy

Original Link

"During my NDE, my spiritual Guide spent a lot of time giving me information, some of it was pretty deep and hard to take in/process. When I got to the point where I couldn't absorb any more, she threw herself down in a meadow, rolled on to her back, looked at the clouds in the sky and proclaimed that she saw a rabbit! Then she laughed and invited me to join her. We spent what seemed like hours laughing at all of the cloud animals in Heaven. It was all very light-hearted and fun...I definitely needed the fun and laughter at that point..."

"There were some examples of dry or "wry" humor on her part. At one point she was discussing love and how so many of us don't love ourselves, and how that makes her and the others sad. This lack of self-loves leads us to treat ourselves poorly. But then she said in a joking way: "We see that you often treat your pets much better than you treat yourselves." She chuckled and smiled, but the truth of it held some sadness. (BTW, the "we" refers to both herself and all of the spiritual beings who spoke through her).

"I think that's about it for the humor. She did express a lot of joy and lightheartedness, though. Most of that was conveyed to me directly though feeling (she often sent her feelings and thoughts to me directly, rather than communicating through voice/speech). She and the other spiritual Beings exist in a state of joy and love, constantly, and she tried to pass some of that along to me. It was tough to wrap my brain around it because the level of love and joy is so much larger, more expansive, than my still-human mind could fully absorb. But it was amazing, the bit that I could take in. Soaring joy and happiness the likes of which I've never felt here on Earth."

The Music of Heaven
    By Near-Death Experiencer Nancy Rynes

Original Link

It's the moment after you leave your earthly life and you're about to take your first step in that spiritual realm some call "heaven." Perhaps a loved one is beside you, or maybe an angel, or even God. But you stop for a moment, totally entranced by what seems like a glorious sound. Music, but music unlike anything you've ever heard on earth.

It's as if a billion beautiful and harmonious voices sing an ethereal melody that overlays an orchestra of gentle-sounding instruments that you cannot identify. Each voice in the chorus harmonizes with the rest, yet each is subtly different, too. Each individual, yet each a beautiful part of the whole. You can't make out the words they sing but somehow that doesn't matter. The music carries with it incredible love, peace, and joy that gently enters your spirit-body and cradles every bit of your being in its embrace.

You know without a doubt that you are home.

What IS the music that so many people report hearing during a near-death experience?

We've heard reports of this heavenly music for millennia. It's not just those who died and came back who talk about the "angelic chorus." Hospice workers, physicians, nurses, caregivers of dying family members, those who are terminally ill, and many more report hearing this unearthly music.

I can tell you from my own experience that heaven's music is unforgettable, indescribable, and has spoiled my love for most earthly song that I enjoyed before my time in heaven. But something you might not know is that I also heard heaven's chorus in November of 2000, fourteen years before my own experience of death.

It was early in the morning of November 12, 2000, when I got the call that my father had passed. It wasn't a surprise -- he had been battling cancer for seven years and had slipped into a coma almost a week prior to his passing. I lived five hours away via automobile so by the time I arrived at my parents' home, it was about 10 AM. I opened the front door to enter their home and as the door swung open I heard a tremendous chorus of joyful, loving, ethereal voices. I started crying...I didn't know what I was hearing but nevertheless, it affected me deeply. At first I thought one of my family members had some music playing on the stereo but when I walked inside the home I saw my mother and brother, somber, in shock, and crying. But no music played on any stereo or radio. I felt confused and figured I was making it all up due to my own grief and shock. Remember, it was at this point in my life that I was an atheist so I didn't believe in anything like angels or God.

Many years later I also heard this chorus during my own time in heaven in January of 2014. Many other NDErs come back talking of angelic music, too. It seems to be one of the defining characteristics of near-death experiences.

What is that music, and what does it sound like?

When I asked my heavenly guide what it was, she explained that the "music" wasn't exactly music as we on earth would define it. Heaven's music is beyond physical sound.

Heaven's song is the collective heart-voices of the angels, masters, and other souls sending their love, gratitude, and joy back to Spirit. Heaven's song also contains the underlying "sound" or vibration of Divine love that flows out to all beings, everywhere.

Heaven's song is the vibration of Divine love, gratitude, and joy that suffuses the spiritual realm.

Because our spirit-bodies are not physical and don't have ears like our human bodies do, the senses that we're familiar with on earth don't really apply. Things overlap. We feel emotion almost as a forcefield. We see many layers of energy to all things, and perhaps down to the subatomic level. Feelings have color. Sounds have visuals. And the vibration of love and gratitude gets perceived as music (which is, after all, simply another type of vibration).

Now for the hard part...what does heaven's music actually sound like?

This is the closest I have been able to find...but still, it doesn't have quite the depth or breadth of what I heard:

The other challenge we humans have in trying to recreate this music is that there aren't physical instruments like pianos or violins in heaven. That being said, the above music on YouTube should give you a basic idea of what I heard.

This post was edited by David Sunfellow at February 19, 2017 8:16 PM MST