• 957 posts
    January 13, 2017 11:54 AM MST

Near Death Experiences: Hearing From People Who’ve Had Them
    By Teresa L. Decicco
    Collective Evolution
    January 12, 2017

Original Link

EXCERPT:

"I learned the ego is alive and well upon returning from an NDE. It may have settled down its fervor for wanting what it wants, but for the most part, the ego is still there. When back in the physical plane with the ability to think and have free-will, ego-centred behaviour may return and old behaviour patterns become active once again. Impatience, lack of trust, judgement and all other ego-centered behaviours are just reminding us of perhaps the one big reason people return from an NDE; that is, because there is still much to learn. Those things not yet completed at the time of the NDE are still there. Along with all of the gifts and special talents, this may be the biggest lesson of all from the light. There are still things to be done. There are attachments to become detached from. There are still steps to be taken to learn what the physical world has yet to teach; otherwise, returning would not have been an option."

I recently had the opportunity to attend and present at a conference where many of the presenters had had near death experiences (NDE) of various sorts. Most shared their incredibly moving experiences of traveling to a light upon physical death which left them forever changed. Head injuries, accidents, and illnesses left most of the presenters completely transformed and returning with a newly found life purpose. Interestingly, this purpose seemed to be as varied as those who had journeyed to the great beyond.

As a result of transitioning from the body to a light body and back, various unique skills and talents blossomed. These were then embedded in the conference presentations. These brilliant jewels were meant to be shared with their fellow kind. Perhaps the most important lesson I learned came from observing presenters both during the talks I attended and then, outside of the program throughout the conference.

One common theme for the NDE presenters was the ability to heal the physical and emotional bodies of others. With various techniques the healers reported being able to shrink tumours, diagnose ailments, and perform many other forms of healing. Story after story brought to light the new-found abilities an NDE could have on an individual.

One healer generously offered discussion and feedback to anyone wishing to speak to her after recounting her incredible journey from an NDE. Interestingly, when approached with a question about a health issue, she emphatically snapped “not now”. No doubt, from being overwhelmed with requests, the healer of the physical world did not appear to be the healer of the great beyond. Her good intention to offer advice and healing during her talk was overcome by her own humanness. That being, the part of us that can get impatient and irritable when things are not going the way we expect them to go.

Another presenter, after an NDE, had the interesting ability to detect spirit guides and instructed others to do so with a complicated, methodical protocol. Upon leaving the conference she was spotted racing through the hotel in a mad rush to catch a cab. Running with her suitcase on wheels through the hotel lobby, hitting guests in her path, demanding people get out of her way, and forcing her will to catch a flight on the physical plane. Did she not trust her guides, I wondered? Again, the lessons learned from the light can be forgotten when the human condition is back in full force.

So what did I learn from observing these experiences? Firstly, I have much to learn from those who have had NDE experiences. I have no doubt that their skills are unique and through their work, they are truly working for the betterment of all others. I learned new therapeutic techniques and I learned how to tap into sources I could otherwise not do on my own. The courses were indeed invaluable.

Secondly, I learned the ego is alive and well upon returning from an NDE. It may have settled down its fervor for wanting what it wants, but for the most part, the ego is still there. When back in the physical plane with the ability to think and have free-will, ego-centred behaviour may return and old behaviour patterns become active once again. Impatience, lack of trust, judgement and all other ego-centered behaviours are just reminding us of perhaps the one big reason people return from an NDE; that is, because there is still much to learn. Those things not yet completed at the time of the NDE are still there. Along with all of the gifts and special talents, this may be the biggest lesson of all from the light. There are still things to be done. There are attachments to become detached from. There are still steps to be taken to learn what the physical world has yet to teach; otherwise, returning would not have been an option.

• January 13, 2017 1:31 PM MST

Really interesting article.  However, it sounds as if the author expected the returned NDEr to be angelic and without flaw.  I personally believe that can never be possible in the human realm.  Even Jesus got ticked off, etc.  

I'm all for working on the ego, not killing it off, but working on it and the Shadow side.  I think the ego is very important, otherwise we would not have been created without it.  I do, however, think it's not good to expect NDErs who've had amazing experiences to be Angels without flaws.  That puts a lot of pressure on them to be perfect.  Sometimes I think we're obsessed with wanting fellow humans to be perfect.  I wonder if because we can be in so much chaos ourselves we look to others to be perfect.  Maybe something to hope for, strive for, etc.  I recently learned not to follow people, gurus, etc. and hopefully for good.  It makes it much easier to appreciate them for who they are and understand that they too can sometimes have a bad day or two or more, etc.  

Also, this article made it seem that, yes, while we do have lots to learn here, are we expected to be free of the ego and all our imperfections before being allowed into the Heavenly Realms?

This post was edited by Deleted Member at January 13, 2017 1:31 PM MST
    • 85 posts
    January 14, 2017 3:09 PM MST

Hello Teresa, can I just thank you for posting this article.  It has come at a time in my life where it fills a gap quite perfectly - no doubt another example of God's perfect timing. Dawn Marie is quite right, for it is a most interesting and thoughtful piece which certainly provides much food for thought.  As I said, just figuring out how to navigate and participate in this site again after so long, I find the above particulary poignant at this time.

Dawn makes an interesting point about those who have returned from an nde and the ego seeming as active as ever.  Speaking personally, I experienced a linear life review when I was eight, an OBE at 17 and received a deeply spiritual message with a complete understanding that I had nothing to worry about at all; I was here to learn; I could do no wrong!  That last revelation has not stopped me feeling guilty about my life since.  If anything, it is because I have a greater sense of guilt or, perhaps, an awareness of what is right or wrong.  That said, it's a notion entirely dependant on perspective.  Where we are in relation to events and how we feel about them depends on what our point of view is at the time.  For example, our view point of what is right, wrong, left, right, forwards, backwards etc. is dependant on how we feel here.  Would the same apply in space?  Do the same rules apply in the spiritual realm?  I don't think they do.

A very interesting piece. Teresa.

This post was edited by Simon Limbrick at January 14, 2017 3:12 PM MST
    • 63 posts
    January 14, 2017 7:26 PM MST

Enjoyable article, which raised a question for me:  In the opening paragraph, the writer empasized the importance of learning, which caused me to wonder: what is the purpose of learning?

Let me explain:  As many of us know, learning is one of main reasons we are here. But, from what I can tell, it is not for our benefit in our next life (when we are reincarnated) because we cannot remember those lives -- we start from the beginning again. So, learning must be for our benefit in the afterlife, right? However, I assumed that when we go to the afterlife, we already have universal knowledge and are already beings of love and light. 

So, where do we reap the benefits of learning?  

I'd welcome everyone's views on this.

Thanks.

This post was edited by Steve Krause at January 14, 2017 7:28 PM MST
  • January 14, 2017 8:22 PM MST

Hello, Simon and Steve. 

It was great reading your posts and helps me to consider other aspects I hadn't done so.  Thanks!!!

Also, great questions.  Speaking for myself, I have no idea if the same rules apply in the spiritual realm, Simon.  However, from the few NDEs I have read, I wonder if perhaps not as it seems many NDErs have been given (or downloaded) with information helpful to them.  On the other hand, an OBE teacher William Buhlman claims we take ourselves (our consciousness) with us, so, if I am understanding him correctly, perhaps we carry those rules with us when we cross over.  But...honestly, I really don't know.

Steve, I wonder if we reap the benefits of learning both here in the earth realm and then, again, on the "other side.".  I suppose what I mean is that, for me, learning things like how to work through my Shadow Stuff, be more loving, more trusting, etc. helps me to grow (or at least I hope it does, LOL) so that I can bring that with me to the other side.  As far as reincarnation goes, if it does happen (and I have had spontaneous recalls since the age of 3 or 4), then I believe that even if we cannot remember lessons from past lives in our current (or perhaps parallel?) life here and now, that on another level, our soul/consciousness/Higher Self retains all of that learning (which is why I not only converse with the Great Spirit, but with my Higher Self). Don't know if that makes sense, but that's where I'm at on my journey.

Peace to all!!!

• 63 posts
    January 15, 2017 7:25 AM MST

Good points, Dawn, thanks!

• January 22, 2017 11:07 AM MST

Hi, Steve.

Thanks.  I'm always learning so much here!!!

Blessings!

• 8 posts
    January 29, 2017 7:00 AM MST

Great article David!  I think it is important to remember that people who have had NDEs or any other spiritual experiences are not necessarily saints - just regular people who've been given a unique experience and special gifts to bring back with them for the betterment of humanity.  Many of them go on to do really good things and spread wonderful messages of light and healing, but they are still human like the rest of us.  We all struggle with the human condition, and it's important to remember not to place unrealistic expectations on NDErs.  If we do, then when they inevitably show any flaws we are in danger of allowing their flaws to invalidate their messages and good works, and that isn't fair to them or us :-)

• 290 posts
    February 1, 2017 7:33 AM MST

Good article! And even better --  great inciteful comments!

I certainly came back with my ego intact. And that included all the woundings from a dysfunctional childhood (mentally ill mother who physically, emotionally and spiritually abused my brother and me. And a father who looked the other way.) All of my insecurities were right there again.

Yes. I could help others. Ken Ring wrote about how I could take his headaches away (Heading Toward Omega, Lessons from the Light.) But I couldn't take my own headaches away. Finally, 9 years after my NDE I left my husband of 23 years and my headaches disappeared. He treated me similiar to my mother. She had "set me up" for him.

In my situation, everything is a learning experience which shaves down my ego just a little bit more. And what is exposed and left with me -- becomes my humor. I can finally laugh at myself and excuse myself for my misgivings. 

Am I "Enlightened?" NO WAY! Am I a lot more ccomfortable in my skin -- Yes! And I Thank God for that. My NDE 42 years ago started me on a course (pardon the pun) to heal from what was overwhelming neuroses from growing up in a crazy home. I have helped a lot of people along the way but I couldn't have stayed grounded and humble without realizing I needed to help myself first and formost. 

Leaving a severely dysfunctional family and owning my NDE sent me into another crazy world -- where everyone wanted me to be a saint. Sainthood is a very lonely place. You are up on a pedestal where there is no eye contact -- only expectations.

So, I rarely now introduce myself as an NDEr. No labels. I am just me and I am incredibly thankful for that NDE and all the lessons I've taken in because now I don't have to introduce myself as a survivor of Child abuse and trauma either. I am just me -- loving life and giving thanks!

One more observation, although I don't introduce myself as an NDEr, all of my books start with my NDE because it has set the tone, the moral compass and the nature of my heart and soul -- the real me. And this me is connected to everyone because underneath all the egos/neuroses we are one heart and one soul. For me, this is why we have lessons -- to uncover this place where we are all one and the same.

• 957 posts
    February 1, 2017 10:31 AM MST

Another fantastically honest and insightful sharing, Barbara. I would like to get the wisdom you share out to everyone on the spiritual path, especially those in the NDE community. The kind of real life experiences you share are the antidote we need for the bogus, hyped up, overly romanticized ideas people have about the spiritual path. It's a glorious journey, but it doesn't give its treasures away for fairy dust.

• 290 posts
    February 1, 2017 1:13 PM MST

Dear Dear David,

You always have my permission to use anything I write on this network and in my books.

And thank you for this safe place to be able to write the way we all do here.

Barbara