Forums » Community Discussions

Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath

• 957 posts
    January 23, 2017 5:49 PM MST

Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath

Everyone who is a member of this network, along with everyone who follows NHNE's work elsewhere on the internet, should watch this fantastic expose' on Scientology. And, yes, this is related to near-death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences because many cult situations trace back to someone who had a spiritual experience but didn't see, own, and clean up the shadowy, undeveloped side of their human nature.

Where To Watch The Program

• Watch on Amazon
    • Watch on A&E

An ABC News Report On Leah Remini & Her Efforts To Expose Scientology

Related Cult Links:

NHNE Pulse on Scientology
    • Andrew Cohen: How I Created A Cult
    NDEr Norman Paulsen: A Cautionary Tale
    NHNE Pulse on Sun Myung Moon
    NHNE Pulse on Gabriel of Sedona
    Freedom of Mind

Shadow Resources:

Shadow Work: Insights from The Pathwork Lectures
    The Pathwork on Relationships
    Meeting The Shadow (book)
    • Victim To Survivor and Thriver: Carole's Story - Hope for Survivors of Childhood Trauma, Abuse or Neglect (book)
    • AFGEs: A Guide for Self-awareness and Change (book)

This post was edited by David Sunfellow at January 24, 2017 10:57 AM MST
  • D M
    • 175 posts
    January 24, 2017 4:06 PM MST

I have yet to watch all the videos, but I did see a small part of Leah's interview last week or so when my husband was channel surfing.  I asked him to please stop when I heard Leah's witnessing.  I had heard about her situation years ago but as she hadn't come forward publically at that time, I didn't know if it was true or not.  At around that same time back then, I had also heard about a friend of someone I was once close with who had been "slighted" (to put it VERY MILDLY) by the same organization.  When I finally heard some of Leah's interview, my heart just broke for her and I was also so thrilled that she was able to come forward and share her experience.  I'm all to familiar with my own cult experience.  I look forward to soon watching all the videos you share here.  Thanks, David.

Blessings!

• 957 posts
    January 24, 2017 4:47 PM MST

You can watch them all on Amazon if you don't have cable access. If you have to pick and choose, the last video -- 8. Ask Me Anything #2 -- is the one to watch. They are all very well done, but the last one has a lot of voltage. Since you are someone who knows from personal experience how destructive cult situations can be, I think you will find this whole show, esepcially the last episode, very cathardic. 

• D M
    • 175 posts
    January 24, 2017 5:55 PM MST

Hi, David.

Great.  Thanks.  We'll watch them on Amazon. 

Yeah, I have a feeling they'll be very cathardic.  I kinda was feeling that when I initially heard some of her experience.  I also felt that I should probably watch it alone first so I can allow whatever feelings to come up without having my husband worry about me.  

Blessings,

Dawn Marie